Thursday, April 17, 2008

My first day... And oh what a day!

Well, I have officially had my first day as a host, and it was... interesting. Of course, my luck had it that SL would have major issues right during my shift. The start of it was that I couldn't access the tip jars. Ok.... No tips for me today. I can deal with it. No problem. I went to go set up my contest and realized I never got the group credit. Ooookkkkk. So I added my money figuring I could always get it back from the owner later. I lucked out and the DJ reimbursed me for it a few minutes later though.

Then people started getting kicked off the program and couldn't log in. I lucked out and never lost my connection during my shift, but it seemed like it was pretty close quite a bit. I closed the contest towards the end and it didn't pay out. Ok, not good. Those that won were not thrilled. I made a note of the winners and the amounts and let it go. I figured I'd contact the owner later to make sure everyone got their money. If not, I'd pay from my pocket. It's not a lot and I'd rather have happy people that might come back to see (and hopefully tip) me than the L$250 in my pocket.

Then I go to sign out at the end of my shift and I don't get paid!! Now I know that's not a real issue as I am sure the owner will pay me when I get in touch with her. It's just that it seemed to be one thing after another. I couldn't get much of a crowd going because no one could stay on and when they got booted, they couldn't get back on.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Those of you inSL - Friday 8 am - 10 am at the Techno Breakfast @ VooDoo Lounge can enter in the BEST CLUB WEAR contest for a chance at L$250!

Hope to see you there!

No comments: